How-to Start the Duo
- Primary Beam High Voltage Chassis should be ON. If off, make sure main
isolation valve is CLOSED before turning on.
- Main isolation valve should be open.
- Duo HV (primaty accelerating voltage) should be zero
Actions to Take
- Columns -> Start Source -> Duo -> Apply. Turn gas on.
- If arc current ~ 75mA, go to step (6). Otherwise, proceed with step (3).
- Turn Duo gas off.
- Reset Primary Ion Gauge (UHV1 on middle controller).
- Turn gas on then go to step (2).
- Wait for 30 seconds for Duo pressure to stabalize (CC1 on middle
- Press Valid on the keyboard.
Note: If you have already pressed Valid (Duo HV is on) before you notice that
there is no arc current, proceed with instructions "Duo_goes_out.txt".
N 34° 4' 9"
W 118° 26' 27"