Directions to the UCLA Dept. of Earth & Space Sciences
These are written driving directions to our location at 595 Charles Young Drive East, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1567. A google map is here.
Major roads near the UCLA campus.
Coming to UCLA from LAX via North 405 (San Diego Freeway)
- Take the 405 (San Diego Freeway) to Wilshire Blvd. East.
- Travel east three blocks to Westwood Blvd.
- Turn Left on Westwood Blvd.
- At the second traffic light on campus (just past the new hospital), make a right onto Charles Young Drive.
- Travel up the hill, past 4 stop signs and the Geology Building, to the next traffic light (Westholme Blvd.). Cross Westholme and make an immediate right into the Parking/Information kiosk.
- Tell the attendant you're visiting the Geology Building. Pay ($7) and park in structure #2, across the street.
- The Geology Building is across Young Drive from structure #2.
Coming to UCLA from Burbank and the valley via South 405 (San Diego Freeway)
- Take the 405 (San Diego Freeway) to Sunset Blvd. East. Make a left onto Sunset Blvd.
- Take Sunset east ≈ 2 miles to Hilgard Ave. You will have passed the UCLA campus on your right.
- Turn right on Hilgard.
- At second light (Westholme Blvd.), make a right onto campus.
- Make immediate right into the Parking & Information Booth. Then proceed as above.
Coming from East via 10 (Santa Monica Freeway)
- Take 10 (Santa Monica Freeway) to the 405 (San Diego Freeway) North.
- Take the 405 (San Diego Freeway) to Wilshire Blvd. East and proceed as above.